About the Book:
This book is about the eyewitness account by the famous television journalist, Ashraf Wani, who reports from Kashmir for the National Media for last 25 years and the only journalist who has reported most of the incidents and events in Kashmir during the last three decades of conflict and terrorism.
About the Author:
Ashraf Wani has more than 25 years of experience in Broadcast Journalism. He started his career as news reader in All India Radio in 1995 and joined TV Today Network Ltd in 1998. Since then he is associated with TV Today and at present he is working as Bureau Chief, J&K.
He is graduated from University of Kashmir in 1993 and also holds a degree in engineering. Has postgraduate diploma in Conflict Reporting from Thomson Foundation, Cardiff University (UK).
Ashraf Wani is an expert in Conflict Reporting and is the only journalist from India who has reported from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Northern Ireland, and Saudi Arabia on conflicts for India Today group.
Below are the accomplishments of Ashraf Wani as the first TV journalist from India.
- He interviewed the founder of Lashkar-e-Taiba, Hafiz Syed, and Hizb-ul-Mujahideen Chief, Sayeed Salahudeen in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (POK) in 2001.
- He broke the news and covered the Kargil War for TV Today Network on 26 May 1999.
- He covered the Annual Amarnath Yatra first time live for TV Today in 2002.
- He has also covered the Annual Pilgrimage of Muslims Hajj for TV Today in 2004.
- He has also reported from Tora Bora (Den of Al Qaeda) in Afghanistan in 2011 for India Today group.